- Nov 2015 – I'm co-organizing the CHI 2016 workshop: Inviscid Text Entry and Beyond.
- Aug 2015 – I joined the Department of Computer Science at Michigan Tech.
- Apr 2015 – I took part in Startup Weekend Butte. Startup weekends are events where ad hoc teams create a startup in 54 hours. My team Item Bounty won first place.
- Mar 2015 – Our VelociTap paper has received a best paper award at CHI 2015. You can watch this video if you'd like to see the different design aspects we explored in the paper.
- February, 2015 – Montana Tech student Vernon Foley has received funding from NIH-INBRE to develop a mobile app for collecting eyes-free touchscreen text entry data.
- October, 2013 – I presented our work on eyes-free touchscreen text entry at ASSETS 2013. You can see a video of our prototype interface below.
- July, 2013 – I have released the COMM2 test set. The set consists of 1,506 communications and should be useful for research into augmentative and alternative communication (AAC).
- April, 2013 – The new work I'm doing on mobile text entry for users who are blind or visually-impaired appeared on the front page of the Montana Standard. Montana Tech student Haythem Memmi is working on the project as part of an undergraduate research project funded by NIH-INBRE.
- February, 2013 – I just launched an online course on the Fundamentals of Computer Science .
- December, 2012 – I'm co-organizing a workshop at CHI 2013: Grand Challenges in Text Entry.
- October, 2012 – Our paper on a phoneme-based predictive communication aid won the ACM SIGACCESS Best Student Paper Award at ASSETS 2012. The lead author is Ha Trinh from the University of Dundee.
- May, 2012 – I made a music video out of the awesome work of my freshmen computer science students (see below).
- March, 2012 – Our paper on the potential of dwell-free eye-typing received Best Paper Honorable Mention at ETRA 2012.
- February, 2012 – Our work on improving conversational language modeling for AAC devices was in an article in the New Scientist.